While bugs are considered delicacies in some cultures today, most of us consider bugs as irritants. They infest our food, bite our skin and disturb quiet nights. We all seem to have grown an ‘Ick’ Factor for insects and find them too repulsive to eat.
But what if we take aside our disgust and study the benefits of Entomophagy (consumption of insects). Most bugs have more Iron than red meat and contain 80% Protein content. Insects contain high amounts of energy-rich fat and fiber and also carry micro-nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. The benefits should outweigh our repulsion!
So if you had a meal worm on your tongue like this NYSCI Explainer, could you put aside your ‘Ick’ Factor and swallow it?
15 Notes/ Hide
- abster630 likes this
- quetevala likes this
- quetevala answered: YES!!!
- comaniddy answered: I’ve had BBQ cricket in the past. It was pretty tasty. More people should atleast give it a try!
- wabbitmon reblogged this from hiba-ayub
- flibbertyjibett reblogged this from nearlyhuman
- sweet-dispositionxo likes this
- nearlyhuman reblogged this from hiba-ayub and added:
- nearlyhuman likes this
- oublier-passer said: Ehhh probably not! Still grosses me out!
- theleolady likes this
- nolagrrlnyc likes this
- theguythatateyourdog likes this
- toxizzity reblogged this from explainers-nysci
- hiba-ayub reblogged this from explainers-nysci
- explainers-nysci posted this